It’s that time of year when we all reflect back on what we have or have not done and what needs to change. Data suggests about 40% of Americans make New Year’s Resolutions but a recent study by the University of Scranton says only 8% of people achieve their goals.
So what goes wrong? Your goal is…
- Overly complicated
- Not realistic or achievable
- Not specific
- Not documented
- Or you lose confidence in yourself
Let’s pretend your goal is to lose weight. This would put you in the bucket of 1/3 of Americans who also make losing weight their New Year’s Resolution. So how might you beat the odds?
- Set one or two realistic goals and avoid creating a lengthy list of to do’s.
- Make sure your goal can be accomplished. You need to set a series of small steps and a way to win.
- Be very specific in what you will do to change. If it is weight loss you are after than a goal might be to start going to the gym for 30 minutes 2 days a week and to visit a physician to inquire about fat reduction injections.
- Tell all your friends and family and even consider posting on your social media with your success story and pictures.
- Believe in yourself and stay positive. It is a marathon not a sprint. Reward yourself and allow yourself a few opportunities to break the diet.
Don’t wait! It’s not too early to start finding your better you today. At BestCare Now Urgent Care we offer physician directed weight loss called BestYou. To learn more click here or visit us at 500 Nathan Dean Blvd, Dallas GA, 30057. We are open 7 days a week with evening hours and have licensed physicians on staff.