You have the Flu, What Next
The CDC has called the 2018 Flu an epidemic and it is widespread all over the country right now. It is in your neighborhood, schools and now your home. It is time to think about protecting your family and friends by not spreading it.
The flu is extremely contagious and can be spread through coughing, sneezing, sharing food/drink as well as touching common surfaces.
Here are a few tips to speed up recovery and prevent others from getting it:
- Avoidance. If you are sick and able to care for yourself then avoid contact with people for a few days. Find a comfortable room and bathroom in the house and stay there for a couple of days. Have a family member bring you in food/drink/medicine and whatever you need.
- Seek Medical Care. As long as you see your doctor within 2 days of Flu onset, you may be a good candidate for Tamiflu. Tamiflu has been shown to reduce the duration of the flu virus.
- Treat Symptoms. Treat your symptoms of headache, fever, aches/pains with over the counter products like Acetaminophen.
- Rest. Stay in bed and get plenty of rest.
- Hydrate. Drink lots of fluids, this will help with your recovery.
- Hygiene. As you start to rejoin community space, avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth as germs can spread this way. Make sure to cough/sneeze into your elbow. Wash hands often.
- Disinfect. Clean all surfaces with a bleach product that may be contaminated with the germs.
So, if you must visit the Urgent Care for yourself or your family member we are ready. BestCare Now is open 7 days a week with evening hours. We have licensed physicians on staff to help you or your family feel better fast from the Flu. When you visit just know you will be well taken care of and we have designed a clinic to reduce the spread of germs.
- Vinyl seating fabrics. Today the topline vinyl’s feel and look like leather. What having vinyl means is we can wash down these surfaces and make them free of germs. Other cloth fabrics trap germs making them little petri dishes.
- Seating separation. Have you noticed going to the doctor is often a few chairs crammed together or you are touching your neighbor. At BestCare Now we have created seating pods where families can sit together and keep adequate distance from other sick people.
- Germ killer. Having hand sanitizer in every room gives you the opportunity to always free yourself of germs you may have picked up or become exposed to.
- Vigorous cleaning. At BestCare Now we clean everything from surface to door knob to greatly reduce the spread of illness.
- Other prevention. If you know you are coughing or contagious we have masks available at the reception desk to ensure you are protecting that are around you.
Truth be told, getting the flu is no fun. Just know that BestCare Now is here to help in a safe clean environment so you can get back on your way. BestCare Now is located at 500 Nathan Dean Blvd in Dallas GA.